Ofsted Rated Governors
Ofsted Inspection 05/06 March 2014
We are delighted to announce that Leadership and Governors were rate as Outstanding during our inspection. Inspectors reported:
- Governors have an accurate picture of the school through careful monitoring of all aspects. They use this effectively to both support and challenge the school.
- Governors are fully aware that the sports funding is improving the quality of physical education teaching and extending the sports.
- Governors have an accurate picture of the school through careful analysis of all information about the school, observations of teaching, scrutiny of pupils’ work and discussions with pupils.
- They carefully link how well teachers and their pupils succeed to the pay and professional development of all staff.
- Governors monitor financial aspects of the school effectively and all funding is closely linked to the performance of the pupils, especially in relation to pupil premium and sports funding.
- The governing body sets challenging targets for both the headteacher and the school as a whole and monitors the school’s progress towards these targets. Like the staff of the school the governing body takes advantage of as much training as possible in order to make sure that it can carry out its roles effectively.